Sunday, January 24, 2010

Belly and Baptismal Gown

So one of my MANY followers (ha) has requested to see a picture of my belly and the baptismal gown that my mom handed down to me. I don't want to disappoint my followers soooo, here they are...

The above picture was taken last night before we went out to eat for Steve's birthday. This is what my belly looks like at 6 months and 3 weeks. It's hard to believe that I am going to get even bigger! Ahhhhh! Funny story... the other day, I was walking down the hall at work and I was carrying a big poster board and a few other items. Some IT guy was walking behind me and ran ahead to open the door for me. Nice, right? I thought so until as I passed, he had to suck in and slide over so I wouldn't bump into him and he said "wide load". I laughed because I was pretty sure he was just referring to the poster board but still, he probably could have been a bit more cautious with his wording. Ha!

The above pictures are of the baptismal gown that my mom passed to me and my grandfather's bonnet. All 3 of my siblings and I were baptized in this gown. I can't wait to put James in this beautiful gown and get him baptized!

The bonnet was actually my Paw Paw Sanborn's bonnet. That means, this bonnet is over 80 years old. How special.


1 comment:

  1. Nelly - you look beautiful!!
    LOVE the christening gown and bonnet.

    ReplyDelete